Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Continuing Research...


Helloo!

Ok so over the past few weeks I have been continuing my research on electricity and circuits. I found out that I most probably need to use some other materials other than just saltwater, because there needs to be some sort of minor reaction to produce the energy needed to push the electrons through the circuit. This makes things a little more complicated than I expected, but it should be fine... hopefully!

One more thing I have done is order some electrical supplies (such as insulated wires, etc.) so I can get started on making the circuit over the next few weeks. This is going to be the most difficult part of my project, which is all the more reason why I am excited for it! After I finalize the circuit, all I have to work on is the engineering to incorporate it into a flashlight.

I have learnt that it takes a lot of focus and organization to work on these 20 Time projects because the structure of the project gives us so much independence and freedom. But despite how difficult it is to stay on schedule, I think it's a very good skill to gain, so I'm really happy we are doing this project. [You should all try to recommend it to your teachers!]

Check back in after 2 weeks. Thanks guys! =)


4 comments:

  1. Your project seems to be taking off through all the research you've done! It would be amazing to see the final completed circuit that you make. Since you discovered you cant only use saltwater, as initially planned, what do you plan on adding instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is finally coming together. It's cool to see how your idea is actually becoming a reality. I suggest getting some help when building the circuit, for circuitry can be very complicated. So how are you going to test your circuit? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your progress is impressive! It's a pity you can't solely use salt water, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll figure something else. I suggest talking to the robotics team if you want help with any of the circuit work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you are taking the time to figure out properly on how to complete your 20 time project. Good luck on the circuit work as it seems complicated and time consuming.

    ReplyDelete